LockDown - Frequently Asked Questions
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) - LOCKDOWN INFORMATION
In accordance with the announcement made by President Cyril Ramaposa, regarding the National Lockdown for 21 days, all Planet Fitness and JustGym Clubs will close from Wednesday 25th of March 2020.
Thank you to all our members for your ongoing support. Stay motivated and healthy, look after yourself and one another. We will see you in club soon!
Planet Fitness are currently under Lockdown – We are working remotely with limited resources and will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible during Business hours – Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm or as soon as Lockdown is over.
When we re-open our clubs, we will communicate with members via email. Information will also be available on our website and our social media accounts. National lockdown is util the 16th of April 2020 we anticipate re-opening 17th of April 2020, we will be communicating this on our social platforms.
While we won’t be seeing you in our clubs, we will be here with you online, keeping you motivated with at-home workouts, resources and maybe a competition or two coming soon. Watch this space, we’ll be sharing more information shortly.
Unfortunately not, we are all closed until the lockdown is lifted on the 16th of April 2020.
Our members are at the forefront of everything we do at Planet Fitness and with that in mind, memberships will be put on a Freeze for April. Debit orders for March will go through as normal at the end of March however, we will not be requesting a full debit order at the end of April. Memberships will be put on a Freeze free of charge, during Lockdown, or until we are able to welcome you back into your Club.
The health and safety of our people is our highest concern.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- We are continuously monitoring developments in respect of COVID-19, and are following the advice and guidance from the South African Department of Health.
- We have made sure that all clubs have extra stocks of hand wash and 60% alcohol based sanitiser .
- We have additional sanitising stations throughout the clubs
- We have taken additional measures by having more staff on the floor to sanitize the equipment continually throughout the day and particularly after use.
- We are conducting additional deep cleaning of the club and of our equipment twice a day.
- We have information posters in clubs giving members advice on how they can protect themselves and each other.
- Temperature testing of staff and members will be done on entering the club.
- We have Reduced the numbers of
attendees to our group classes.
- We are Limiting numbers to 100
attendees in the club per hour (on a first come basis).
- We are Moving equipment out of the
club to ensure the required distance between members that are training on the equipment.
What we’d like you to do to help us
- Take proactive steps in practicing good public hygiene.
- Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Avoid close personal contact – keep a safe distance of at least 1,5m – 2m
- Wash your hands regularly in the correct way for the correct amount of time (20 second), or using a sanitiser gel.
- If you feel unwell don’t come into the club until you are feeling well enough to train.
- We ask that you use 2 towels at all times – one for wiping sweat from your body and the other for wiping equipment.
- We request that you wear gloves to further protect yourself.
your own yoga mats
- Watch your water bottles – make sure you are the only one touching and drinking from your bottle.
- Make sure that you wash your gym clothing, towels, gloves and Water bottles after every workout
- If you have been tested positive for COVID-19 – please inform us for the safety of our other members.
South African Department of Health has realist the following numbers for more information:
COVID-19 Hotline: 080 002 9999
COVID-19 Whatsapp Support Group: 0600 123 456
We follow guidelines as outlined by these organisations
We will keep you updated if the situation in relation to your club changes.