Where is the kitchen that everyone says makes abs?
Here are a few pointers on how to shred some winter gains;
- Prep meals– Instead of grabbing anything you can find in the fridge when you are hungry, start prepping your healthy meals for the week ahead. According to Men’s Health, you need to calculate how many meals you need. Think about how many breakfasts, lunches, snacks, and dinners you’ll need throughout the week. Technically, if you want enough breakfast, lunches, and dinners for the workweek, you would need 15 meals, but you don’t have to cook 15 separate dishes. Instead, prepare a few large batches of meat and vegetables that can be used in various ways throughout the week.
- Junk food– get rid of all the junk food in your fridge before welcoming the healthy into your life. Junk food often takes over our lives, because it is instant and quick. The problem with junk food is that it is mostly processed and has no nutritional value. Let the junk go.
- Start shredding– drink a glass of water every morning upon waking up. Even if your brain starts screaming “Coffee!” as soon as your alarm goes off, your body’s definitely craving something else. “When you wake up in the morning, the body tends to be slightly dehydrated,” says Paula Simpson, RNCP, a holistic beauty nutritionist. You haven’t had fluids for roughly eight hours, so drinking a couple of glasses when you first wake up will help rehydrate the body, allow for good digestion, and just get you going for the day.”
- Write it down– create a food diary about what you consume during the day so you can keep track, adjust and change your eating habits. Here is an interesting fact: “It seems that the simple act of writing down what you eat encourages people to consume fewer calories,” said lead author Jack Hollis, Ph.D. “The more food records people kept, the more weight they lost.”
- 20 Times– that is how many times you need to chew your food. The “I’m full” message sent by the gut hormones and stretch receptors in your stomach reach your brain after 20 min, explains Dr. Blackburn. So 20 is the magic number.
- Supplements– Nutrition and supplements go hand in hand. Visit https://usn.co.za and get yourself 10% off products if you are a Planet Fitness member. According to USN experts, protein powders have easily become the cornerstone to any fitness, sports or lifestyle individual’s nutritional “set-up”, but, in a supplement industry that is continuously growing and expanding.
So let the winter shredding beginhttps://www.planetfitness.co.za