Whether this is with your friend, partner or sibling, it is always motivating to train with someone especially if it someone close to share this common interest of keeping fit, showing you care for your body and you wanting to look the best for them.
As most of your day is spent apart, what better way to spend quality time by hitting the gym together or working out together. Exercise produces chemicals in the brain that evoke feelings of happiness, reduces stress and also increase arousal and libido. Research shows that men and women that exercise regularly report better and more frequent sex with their partners.
By working out together, this is a great way of balancing out your fitness program, as one partner might favour cardio and the other strength. It is a great way to teach each other about new fitness experiences.
A few cardio suggestions:
- Pass the ball – Hand/Eye coordination
- Stand opposite each other.
- One partner holds a 2kg/3kg medicine ball.
- Both start running and passing the ball to each other.
- Start running slowly and then pick up the pace to up the cardio.
- Basketball challenge
- Start at one end of the room/studio/garden.
- One partner has a basketball/bouncy ball.
- Start bouncing the ball moving away from your partner to the other end of the room/studio/garden.
- Partner without the ball needs to try and get the ball before reaching the other end of the room/studio/garden. If they can do this they score a point, if not person bouncing the ball scores a point.
- Take up an indoor cycling class together.
- If you are in the gym select cardio equipment side by side.
- Take up a dance class.